- Tien-Yu Huang won the Second Place Best Student Paper Award in the IEEE Radio and Wireless Week’s Biomedical Wireless Technologies, Networks, and Sensing Systems (BioWireless) for their paper "Intermodulation effect of detecting two subjects within antenna beamwidth of a CW Doppler radar." See ECE News.
- Tien-Yu Huang won the First Place Best Student Paper Award in the IEEE International Microwave Workshop Series on RF and Wireless Technologies for Biomedical and Healthcare Applications (IMWS-Bio 2015) for the paper:
"Non-invasive Measurement of Laboratory Rat's Cardiorespiratory Movement Using a 60-GHz Radar and Nonlinear Doppler Phase Modulation” coauthored by Prof. Jenshan Lin and Prof. Linda Hayward (UF Department of Physiological Sciences). See ECE News.
- Prof. Jenshan Lin gave a keynote speech in the IEEE International Microwave Workshop Series on RF and Wireless Technologies for Biomedical and Healthcare Applications (IMWS-Bio 2015):
"Noncontact Vital Sign Detection Using Microwave Radar: Applications in Biology, Medicine, and Beyond"
- Ron-Chi Kuo and coauthors won the Best Paper Award of the 2015 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference for the paper:
"A 3D Resonant Wireless Charger for a Wearable Device and a Mobile Phone" coauthored by Prof. Lin and their collaborators in MediaTek. The overall Best Paper was voted by all attendees, and announced after the conference. See ECENews.
- Chien-Ming (Jemmy) Nieh received 2014 University of Florida Outstanding International Student Award, November 2014.
- Alumnus Prof. Changzhi Li received IEEE-HKN Outstanding Young Professional Award, October 2014.
- Taesong Hwang passed PhD defense and joined Skyworks, Aug 2014.
- Alumnus Prof. Changzhi Li received 2014 ASEE Frederick Emmons Terman Award, June 2014.
- Sherlie Portugal and her teammates won the "Graduate Student Challenge" competition in IEEE MTT Society Annual Conference, June 2014.
- Chien-Ming (Jemmy) Nieh, Changyu Wei, Jianxuan Tu, Meiyu Li, and TienYu Huang won the 3rd place of the "Student Competition in High sensitivity Radar" in IEEE MTT Society Annual Conference, June 2014.
- Prof. Jenshan Lin was appointed as Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques for the term of 2014-2016.
- Raul A. Chinga passed PhD defense and joined Space Systems Loral, Dec 2013.
- Chien-Ming (Jemmy) Nieh received technical award from intel, 2013
- Te-Yu (Jason) Kao passed PhD defense and joined intel, Feb 2013.
- Raul A. Chinga received SEAGEP award, 2013.
- Raul A. Chinga received the University of Florida Foundation Stephen M. Varosi Memorial Scholarship, August 2012.
- Ron-Chi Kuo and her teammates won the "Graduate Student Challenge" competition in IEEE MTT Society Annual Conference, June 2012.
- Gabriel Reyes passed his MSEE Defense and joined Georgia Tech CS PhD, August 2011.
- Hosted 2011 JSEHS visiting Florida high-school students, Feb 2011. (Pictures)
- Dr. Austin Chen joined Skyworks, May 2010.
- Dr. Joaquin Casanova joined USDA Research, May 2010.
- Austin Chen passed PhD Defense, Spring 2010.
- Joaquin Casanova passed PhD Defense, Spring 2010.
- Mingqi Chen passed PhD Oral Proposal Exam, Spring 2010.
- Jaime Garnica passed PhD Qualifying Exam, Spring 2010.
- PhD student Yan Yan won the 2010 IEEE RWS Best Student Paper Award 3rd place, Spring 2010.
- Dr. Jenshan Lin was elected to IEEE Fellow 2010.
- Jason Taylor graduated with his MSEE, December 2009.
- Dr. Changzhi Li was appointed Assistant Professor in Texas Tech University, August 2009.
- Dr. Zhen Ning Low joined Qualcomm, August 2009.
- "For the future hydrogen economy, a tiny, self-powered sensor," May 24, 2006.
The technology was reported by several online media including Science Daily, PhysOrg, RFID Journal, Fuel Cell Today, etc.
- "Curious about your vital signs? One day soon, check your laptop," May 16, 2005.
The technology was reported by several online media including National Academy of Engineering Radio News, MSN, Science Daily, PhysOrg, Health Orbit, etc.